Standing amongst the highest peaks on the planet is an experience that cannot fail to leave an impression on everyone who treks in the Everest (Khumbu) region, and for this reason it is the most visited trekking region in Nepal. The area hosts not only Everest but also, to name just a few, Lhotse, Nuptse, Island Peak, Mera Peak, Pumori, Cho Oyu and the shapely Ama Dablam.
The Khumbu, and the area to the south of it – the Solo Khumbu, are home to the Sherpa people of Nepal, renowned for their mountaineering skills not least because of their ability to adapt well to high altitude. Many of our Nepalese crews are from this area. The famous Sherpa capital of Namche Bazaar and the Buddhist monasteries at Tengboche and Pangboche are on the Everest trail.
Most trips to this region involve flying the short flight from Kathmandu to the exciting mountain airstrip of Lukla at 2700m, and then trekking on from there. Some trips involve driving from Kathmandu to the Solo Khumbu region, and walking in from there.
Treks in the Everest Region
- Dudh Kund
- Everest Base Camp and Kalar Pattar
- Everest Base Camp and Pokalde Peak
- Everest Base Camp via Gokyo
- Everest Luxury Lodge Trek
- Ghunsa and Thubten Choling Gompa
- Gompas and Sherpas of Everest
- Island Peak (Imja Tse)
- Island Peak, Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Ri
- Peaks and Passes of Everest
- The Khumbu Explorer, including Lobuje East, Island Peak and Everest Base Camp